What do I wear?
Men: You must wear boxers, underpants or gym shorts. They must be completely dry. Please bring a pair of fresh, dry socks.
Women: You can go completely nude; however, if you choose to wear bra and/or underpants, they must be completely dry and not have any metal exposed (underwire bras are okay). Please bring a pair of fresh, dry socks and a towel to cover up prior to getting in to cryosauna.
Both: You must remove any metal/jewelry from the neck down (watches, rings, necklaces, etc). Glastonbury Cryotherapy provides neoprene boots and gloves for each session! If you would like Glastonbury Cryotherapy to provide socks and a robe, you will be charged a $3.00 laundering fee.
What happens during my session?
Let the experts break it down for you – a whole body cryotherapy session is when a person experiences a 3 minute (or less!) cold therapy treatment in a cryosauna.
- A whole body cryotherapy session begins with a cryo-user (YOU!) stepping into a Cryosauna/ cryotherapy machine while sporting a nice, fluffy robe, diving booties, thermal socks, and gloves.
- Before starting the session, the cryosauna operator will pre-cool the cryosauna. After the pre-cool concludes, the operator will help you enter the machine. Once inside the cryosauna, the operator will close the door and allow you to (modestly) disrobe! Please take a moment to review our RULES for a successful cryo session!
- Now that you’re down to your skivvies, this is where things really get interesting! The operator will hit the “start” button and you will then start to feel the cold, dry, nitrogen vapor surrounding you. Throughout the 3 minutes, the operator will talk to you to keep your mind off of the chill. They will also remind you to keep your chin up and to rotate.
- You also may hear a beeping sound every 31 seconds. This beeping sound is the cryosauna pro-face alerting the tech to click the “okay” button to ensure the session is still occurring. If the operator does not hit this “okay” button the cryosauna shuts off. This is a safety mechanism implemented by Impact Cryotherapy.
- Pretty soon, the 3 minutes are up and tada!.. the session is over! Congrats, you experienced cryo! You are then handed your cozy robe back and can exit the cryosauna with or without the help of the tech. That wasn’t so bad, was it?